2009/06/26

moonwalk

This picture was not drawn especially for what I'm going to write or for him. As a matter of fact, I've done it weeks ago as a trail piece with no intention to post or share, the roughness and sketchiness says it quite obviously. It is all pure coincident that I find it a suitable illustration to complement my thoughts at this moment. The dancing moves, the huge moon, the larger-than –life look and the background of a fairytale land, though at time of drawing I’d no story to it, but now it all seem to reflect that particular figure that created his Never-land. I’m never a frantic fan of his, not even an ordinary one. Of course, I’m aware of his existence and have heard of his songs and seen his dancing on MTV. Who doesn’t? The news of MJ’s death which I heard this morning did not shock me that much, instead it brought about a tinge of sadness for to me, it spells the gradual end of a generation, the generation that grew up in the 70s and 80s. It’s an indication that another piece of our youth is gone forever, vanished into the thin air, never to be retrieved. How much time have we left? Once we thought we had plenty, in fact we used to have so much of it that time was never an issue at all. But now, it seems time can just end anytime on us, we are no longer at the beginning of our journey, how much further will we go or can we travel, no one knows. Only time will decide.

月球上漫步,在皎月下劲舞,当一切成了过往,才发觉青春已逝,时间如手中流沙,指缝间滴漏。小图是先前习作,本无意发表,然发觉与此时心情相符,尚可勉强可用之。今早听闻MJ猝死的消息,并无太大反应,仅有一丝忧伤。我非MJ歌迷,不为他痴狂,但在我成长岁月中,他是时代不可抹杀的代表。他的辞世,无形中意味一个时代的结束。我们这一代,离青春渐远,可挥霍的光阴无几。当我们必须认老时,那个过程是悄然而至的,不动声色就夺走青春;当我们还眷念曾经的流行时,那流行已流逝殆尽。我们被时间推着走,不知还可走多远多久;我们被时间推着走,真的是,蓦然回首早已白了头。

No comments: