2009/06/19

nature

少一些虚拟假相,多一点真实自然

a little less virtual indulgence, a little more nature appreciation

Often than not, most of my illustration ideas were rather accidental creations. Meaning to say, starting off with a careful thought out storyline is seldom, not really never, my style of working; instead I would doodle aimlessly on my tablet, with no definite intention or specific direction, hoping to capture along the way something interesting that can ring a bell, strike an idea, stir up inspirations; maybe a potential character at a certain point of time doing a certain act, it needs not be something out of this world, it just got to have the right formula to form a scene that is intriguing, that can trigger imagination or snowball into something big. To put it simply, I draw than I rationalise. I rationalise by giving a story to the drawing, and maybe from there, develop into a picturebook idea. This is how “Less is More” was created, so were “My Unusual Pet”, “Shades of Loneliness” and even my earlier works of “蓝大兔” and “我没空”.

I don’t have anything concrete for “Less is More” yet, but just a sketchy, rough concept. I’m now slowly seeing my blog as a scrapbook, collecting all the ideas that flash across my mind, hoping one day some of the ideas would bloom into something that enthral.

No comments: